Lip-Smacking Salisbury SteakFrom chefjeb 7 years ago
- 5 1/2 lbs ground chuck or ground round shopping list
- 3/4 lb onion, choped shopping list
- 3 ribs celery, diced shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups dry quick cook oatmeal, quick cook okay, but no instant or regular shopping list
- 3/4 cup milk shopping list
- 3 large eggs, beaten shopping list
- 2 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp black pepper shopping list
- pinch white pepper shopping list
- 2 tsp worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 2 tsp granulated garlic shopping list
- For sauce: shopping list
- 3 onions, sliced thin shopping list
- 1 quart water shopping list
- 5 beef bullion cubees (or 2 tbs beef base) shopping list
- 1/4 tsp black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 tsp granulated garlic shopping list
How to make it
- Saute onions and celery in a little oil untl wilted. Set aside
- Mix meat with remaining ingredients
- add veggies and mix with hands and form into 12 oval patties which look like flat footballs.
- Brown in skillet with a little oil
- or place on baking sheet in 375 degree oven for about 25 minutes, turning once.
- Place in greased baking pan and top with sliced onions.
- Mix sauce and pour over meat and onions
- Seal tightly with foil
- Bake about 30 minutes in 350 degree oven or until meat is at least 185 degrees.
- Serve with Killer Mashed Potatoes.
- Note: These can be made ahead and frozen before or after final baking, If frozen fully cooked, they reheat wonderfully.
- Note: This makes 12 steaks at 8 oz. You can make steaks smaller, if you choose. 6 oz steaks would yield 16.
The Cookchefjeb Carthage, MS
The Rating19 people
Almost to a T the recipe I use at home. It is delicious and so wonderful for that "feel crappy and I need some comfort food" meal. My go-to dish to take for funerals and/or new baby in the family. Packaged in freezer packs for new moms this is rec...morenotyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
My husband would love this. Thanks for the recipe.tpatti in Wellsville loved it
I made this last night. I just happened to have the ingredients around. I did add 8 ounces of sliced mushrooms to the sauce and I thickened it with cornstarch. My family really loved it THX!dandelion in Ashland loved it