Sweet Red Onion and Gorgonzola SaladFrom gourmetana 7 years ago
- 4 tsp olive oil shopping list
- 1 pound red onions - cut into wedges, keeping root area intact shopping list
- 2 tsp light brown soft sugar shopping list
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar shopping list
- 10 oz mixed salad leaves, washed and dried shopping list
- 7 oz gorgonzola cheese, crumbled shopping list
- For the dressing: shopping list
- 2 tsp honey shopping list
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard shopping list
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar shopping list
- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan, add the onion wedges in a single layer, cover with a lid and cook over low to moderate heat for 15 min or until the onions have softened and are beginning to brown on the underside.
- Sprinkle the sugar over the onions, cover the pan and cook for further 10 min until the exposed side starts to caramelise.
- Add the balsamic vinegar and cook uncovered until most of the vinegar has evaporated and the onions are sticky.
- To make the dressing, put the honey, mustard, vinegar and olive oil in a bowl. Season and whisk together.
- Put the salad leaves in a bowl with the onions and cheese and toss to mix.
- Divide among six plates and then pour over the dressing.
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cookgourmetana London, UK
The Rating15 people
I have seen other recipes similar to this one. But your dressing recipe makes it perfect. Thank you for sharing! *5*
Tilgidhtilgidh in Blackshear loved it
Another winner! Yum!mamalou in Attleboro loved it
Tangy, sour, sweet - you have everything in this recipe! 5+elgab89 in Toronto loved it