Topsy-Turvy Apple PieFrom peetabear 7 years ago
- glaze and Crust shopping list
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted shopping list
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup shopping list
- 1/2 cup pecan halves shopping list
- 1 box (15 oz) Pillsbury® refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box...or your favorite crust shopping list
- Filling shopping list
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons Pillsbury BEST® all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 4 cups thinly sliced, peeled apples (4 medium) shopping list
- Topping shopping list
- whipped cream, if desired shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Heat oven to 425°F. In 9-inch glass pie pan, mix brown sugar, butter and corn syrup. Spread evenly in bottom of pan. Arrange pecans over mixture. Make pie crusts as directed on box for Two-Crust Pie, placing bottom crust over mixture in pan.
- 2. In small bowl, mix granulated sugar, flour and cinnamon. Arrange half of apple slices in crust-lined pan. Sprinkle with half of sugar mixture. Repeat with remaining apple slices and sugar mixture. Top with second crust; seal edge and flute. Cut slits in several places in top crust.
- Place pie on sheet of foil on middle oven rack in oven; bake 8 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F; bake 35 to 45 minutes longer or until apples are tender and crust is golden brown. Immediately run knife around edge of pie to loosen. Place serving plate upside down over pie; turn plate and pan over. Remove pan. Serve warm or cool with whipped cream.
People Who Like This Dish 30
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating21 people
Superb! Thanks, and high FIVE! :+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it
Sounds really good! High5!jrt_mom in Metro Manila loved it
mmmm.. this is so good. ^5...Thanks for the recipe and beatiful pic.lura in Welcome To loved it