Stuffed Guinea PigFrom dugger 9 years ago
How to make it
- Chop onion and celery. Place in small saucepan over medium heat and cook until onions are translucent. Remove from heat. Strain liquid off into a container. Add enough water to accumulate 1-1/2 cups total.
- Put butter and retained liquid into the saucepan over medium heat and cook until butter is melted and mixed. Add contents of the stuffing package. Cover and remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Fluff stuffing with a fork.
- Cut an X shaped cavity in the roast, fill with stuffing until forming a rounded top. See Photo
- Place in a small roasting pan with about 1/2 cup of water. Roast in a preheated oven at 375 degrees for about 2 hours. Check the water level every half hour to be sure there is still some there. When roast is done remove from oven and let stand for 10 minutes still covered.
- Serve with a smile. See Photo
The Cookdugger Crestwood (suburb Of Louisville), US
The Rating3 people
Yes, This had my curiousity up; had to check it out. Love pork and dressing. Sounds devine! Actually I just love just about anything edible. Your wife is a lucky lady to have a hubby who cooks, wish mine enjoyed it more. He much rather eat.gapeach55 in Covington loved it
Easy and clever. My teens (16 and 19) will love it. We have a "SkinnyPig" named Spike. She's hareless, hence the Skin part. Perhaps I should hide her while I'm serving this dish. Too mean? Thank you for the recipe and for making me laugh.rml in loved it