Cowboy Cream of Jalapeno SoupFrom minitindel 5 years ago
- 1 -1/2-- tablespoons unsalted butter --------- shopping list
- 5- jalapeno peppers, stemmed and seeded ----------- shopping list
- 3/4- cup finely chopped red onion (about 1/2 large onion) ----------- shopping list
- 3- cloves garlic, minced ------------ shopping list
- 1 -avocado, peeled and diced ----------- shopping list
- 2 -cups diced tomatoes (about two large tomatoes) ----------------- shopping list
- 8 -cups heavy cream ---------- shopping list
- 1 -bunch cilantro, stemmed and chopped shopping list
- kosher salt to taste--------------- shopping list
- Freshly ground pepper to taste---------- shopping list
- Mince the jalapenos and set aside--------- shopping list
How to make it
- In a large, heavy saucepan, heat the butter over medium heat.
- Add the jalapenos, onions and garlic and saute, stirring, until the vegetables are soft.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the avocados, tomatoes and cream.
- Lower the temperature and return the pan to the heat, watching and stirring so the cream does not separate.
- Bring the soup slowly back to a simmer and cook for about 30 minutes to reduce by one third and to blend flavors.
- Be sure to stir the soup occasionally to prevent sticking or scorching.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Just before serving stir the chopped cilantro leaves into the soup, reserving some for garnish.
- Ladle soup into bowls and garnish with remaining cilantro.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookminitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
The Rating14 people
This recipe and dish is as "Hot" as my Fried Rice Boys........xoxox Markymarky90 in Dearborn loved it
This is right up my alley! Hey, maybe that's my problem! LOL Love the hot stuff, as you know, Mini! High 5 even though I haven't made it yet.justjakesmom in Everett loved it
Sounds delicious, Sherry - thanks so much for the recipe! :)lunasea in Orlando loved it