Rich Chocolate Pecan PieFrom marky90 7 years ago
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate (I use Ghiradelli's) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1/3 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 cup corn syrup (light or dark) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups pecan halves shopping list
- Additional pecan halves for topping shopping list
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie shell (Deep dish style) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a double boiler melt chocolate and butter. Let cool slightly.(You can also microwave, just check on it and stir so not to burn) About 1 minute.
- Beat eggs lightly in medium bowl. Add sugar, corn syrup, chocolate mixture, and vanilla; stir until well blended. Mix in pecans. Save some for garnish!
- Set pie shell on heavy-duty baking sheet and pour in filling. Bake 50 to 55 minutes, until knife inserted midway between center and rim comes out clean. Check after 40 minutes. If crust is becoming too brown, top with tented foil till done!
- Cool pie on wire rack to room temperature before cutting.
- Dust with confectioners sugar.
- How about a scoop of Vanilla Ice cream too??
People Who Like This Dish 23
The Cookmarky90 Dearborn, MI
The Rating15 people
whoa there! sounds so rich & delicious!jett2whit in Union City loved it
Great recipe Marky who could resist perfection like this.
High Fivetrigger in loved it
Another high 5 here, Marky.....I can just taste it!pat2me in Nashua loved it