Harvest Pumpkin Spice Cookies With Lemon Buttercream FrostingFrom lunasea 7 years ago
- Cookies: shopping list
- ½ cup shortening shopping list
- 1 1/3 cups sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 cup mashed, cooked pumpkin (can used canned, but use plain pumpkin – not pumpkin pie filling, okay?) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract shopping list
- ½ teaspoon lemon extract shopping list
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind shopping list
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 tablespoon baking powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg shopping list
- ½ teaspoon allspice shopping list
- ¼ ground ginger shopping list
- 1 cup raisins shopping list
- ½ cup toasted chopped pecans shopping list
- ***** shopping list
- lemon buttercream Frosting: shopping list
- ¼ cup butter,softened shopping list
- 2 ¼ cups sifted powdered sugar, divided shopping list
- 3 tablespoons half-and-half shopping list
- ½ teaspoon-1 teaspoon grated lemon rind (depending on your love for lemon...I love it!) shopping list
How to make it
- Make the Cookies:
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Cream shortening in a large mixing bowl; gradually add sugar, beating well. Add eggs; beat until well blended. Stir in pumpkin, vanilla, lemon extract and grated lemon rind.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt and spices in a medium mixing bowl; stir well. Gradually add to creamed mixture, stirring well. Stir in raisins and toasted pecans.
- Drop dough by teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart on greased cookie sheets. Bake for 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Frost with Lemon Buttercream.
- Yield: 7 dozen
- Make the Frosting:
- Cream butter in a medium mixing bowl; gradually add 1 cup powdered sugar, beating until well blended.
- Add remaining powdered sugar alternately with half-and-half, beating until smooth. Add lemon rind and beat well.
- Makes frosting for 7 dozen cookies.
The Cooklunasea Orlando, FL
The Rating16 people
Not big on sweets but this is wonderful! Ingredients
are so nice. Will be sharing this with my sisters who do way more baking. Thanks Vicki, Maretheiris in Garden City loved it
terrific Miss Luna!mystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
HI HI HI Vickie!they look so delicious!mmmm....magali777 in Mexico loved it