Chicken PicattaFrom cookingforfun 5 years ago
- coarse salt and ground pepper shopping list
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken cutlets shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 8 ounces linguine shopping list
- 3 packed cups loose baby spinach (about 5 ounces), torn into pieces shopping list
- 3 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 3/4 cup dry white wine shopping list
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed and drained shopping list
How to make it
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Place flour in a shallow bowl. Season cutlets with salt and pepper, then dip into flour, turning to coat; shake off excess.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high. Add half the chicken; cook until lightly browned and opaque throughout, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate; cover with foil to keep warm. Repeat with remaining tablespoon oil and chicken (reserve skillet for sauce).
- Meanwhile, cook linguine in boiling water until al dente, according to package instructions. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta water. Add spinach, and stir until submerged. Drain pasta mixture and return to pot. Toss with 1 tablespoon butter; season generously with salt and pepper. Add some reserved pasta water if necessary. Cover to keep warm.
- Into skillet, pour wine and lemon juice. Cook over medium-high, stirring to loosen browned bits, until liquid has reduced to 1/3 cup, 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat; swirl in 2 remaining tablespoons butter until melted. (For a smoother sauce, strain through a fine-mesh sieve, if desired.) Add capers, and season with salt and pepper. Divide chicken and linguine among four serving plates;
- top chicken with sauce.
People Who Like This Dish 42
The Cookcookingforfun Marblehead, MA
The Rating20 people
One of my all time favorites.
A BEAUTIFUL, FIVE FORK WINNER!!!
Thanks for sharing...
Debbie~pinkpasta in Upstate loved it
Fantastic dish!m2googee in Tomball loved it
I love chicken picatta and this looks like a great recipe....thanks for sharing!pat2me in Nashua loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!