Garlicky eggplant meltsFrom juels 6 years ago
- 1 lg eggplant, thinly sliced in circles shopping list
- 1 egg, lightly beaten shopping list
- 1tbsp water shopping list
- 1 cup Italian breadcrumbs shopping list
- oil for frying shopping list
- 3/4 cup mayo shopping list
- 3 cloves of garlic, pressed through a garlic press shopping list
- 1/2 tsp of salt shopping list
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese (like cheddar or colby) shopping list
How to make it
- Slice the eggplant in thin circles. Salt them and let sit for 10 min.
- Make an egg wash by mixing the beaten egg with 1 tbsp. of water. Dip the eggplant slices in the egg wash first, then in the Italian bread crumbs on both sides.
- Fry on both sides in preheated oiled pan until lightly brown. You will need to keep adding oil as soon as it is absorbed by the eggplant, otherwise it could get a dark coating.
- Remove fried eggplant to paper towels to absorb the oil.
- Make the mayo spread: combine mayo with pressed garlic and 1/2 tsp of salt. Mix well.
- Divide the mayo spread evenly between the eggplant slices. Transfer the eggplant into a lightly oiled baking dish.
- Chop the tomatoes and layer over eggplant slices. Sprinkle with salt. Arrange shredded cheese over top of tomatoes.
- Bake in preheated 400F oven just until cheese is melted, for about 3-4 minutes.
- Serve warm and enjoy them melting in your mouth.
The Cookjuels Clayton, NC
The Rating39 people
This looks and sounds fantastic. Great post and a high 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
I like the interesting additional twist to the standard eggplant recipe we see every were we go.
5 forks again Juliatrigger in loved it
Right up my alley, love eggplant!!! Got my 5shirleyoma in Cove loved it
Party Food316 members
Russian Speakers22 members
Garlic Lovers460 members
Russian American Food Lovers35 members
Appetizers And Dips268 members
Companys Coming115 members
Mayo Madness48 members
Quick N Easy Dishes39 members
A Taste Of Eggplant64 members