Luscious Cinnamon Raisin Bread Pudding With Warm Bourbon SauceFrom lunasea 5 years ago
- bread Pudding: shopping list
- 8 large eggs shopping list
- 2 cups whole milk shopping list
- 2 cups whipping cream shopping list
- 1/2 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/4 cup of a good bourbon *optional shopping list
- Pinch of salt shopping list
- 8 cups day-old cinnamon-raisin bread with crusts, cut into 1/2-inch pieces (I try to use my homemade cinnamon-raisin bread, but a good commerical brand will work fine) shopping list
- 1 cup pecans, toasted, chopped shopping list
- ~~~~ shopping list
- bourbon Sauce - double if you are so inclined...I usually do: shopping list
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 cup brown sugar (the original recipe calls for white sugar, but I prefer using brown sugar here - it REALLY rocks!) shopping list
- 6 tablespoons whipping cream shopping list
- 4 tablespoons bourbon shopping list
- Pinch of salt shopping list
- Confectioner's sugar for dusting shopping list
How to make it
- Bread Pudding:
- Butter a large casserole or baking dish - think a bit larger than 9" x13". I use a 10" x 14" glass casserole for this.
- Whisk first 7 ingredients in medium bowl. (first 6 ingredients IF you are not adding the bourbon to the custard base)
- Place bread and pecans in prepared dish. Pour milk mixture over and let stand 5 minutes. Push down bread into custard.
- Refrigerate 2 hours, pushing bread into custard occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place bread pudding in baking pan. Place that dish in a pan that's bigger than the pudding pan - I use my turkey roaster.
- Carefully add enough boiling water to baking pan to come 1 inch up sides of dish with bread pudding. You do not want to water the pudding with boiling water (not good), so use a kettle with a spout, so you can control that boiling H2O.
- Bake until pudding is puffed and golden brown on top, approximately 65 minutes. Remove dish with bread pudding from water and cool slightly.
- Cut into squares. Serve bread pudding warm with sauce.
- Bourbon Sauce:
- Melt butter in small saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in remaining ingredients. Simmer until thickened, whisking often, about 6 minutes.
- Cool slightly.
- Dust with confectioner's sugar to make it look beautiful.
- Serve and get ready for much praise and adolation. Yayyy!
The Cooklunasea Orlando, FL
The Rating15 people
Yep, this is going to my sister's house for brunch. Definite winner here, m'dear. YUM. Is the sauce recipe posted too?notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
oh my goodness! sounds scrumptious!! Picture looks good too.jett2whit in Union City loved it
Ooooooooo very nice vickie i love it sounds very comforting ..............
hugs Tink the fairy princess spreading pixie dust all over your recipes giving it a ..five ..lolminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!