My Moms Italian Anisette CookiesFrom trigger 6 years ago
- 1 lb. butter shopping list
- 2 c. sugar shopping list
- 6 tbsp. sour cream shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 6 cups. flour shopping list
- 2 tsp. baking powder shopping list
- 2 tsp. baking soda shopping list
- 5 or 6 tsp. anise flavor (according shopping list
- to your taste) shopping list
- Nonpareil Sprinkles shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix butter (must be room temperature), mix with sugar, sour cream, eggs, anise flavoring.
- Mix these ingredients well.
- Add dry ingredients and mix well again.
- The dough will be sticky so put in refrigerator until it hardens so you can work with it. Make small balls and place on cookie sheet, un-greased cookie sheet.
- Spread far apart because they spread. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes; check the bottom after 10 minutes, if light brown they're done.
- Do not overcook. Cool before icing.
- Milk, Powdered sugar, Anise flavoring
- Ice cooled cookies and sprinkle the Nonpareil sprinkles.
- Now you are going to want to add icing to the cookies, so you are going to have to make the icing.
- HERE IS HOW YOU MAKE THE ICING:
- Get a medium sized bowl, one that is deep and narrow.
- Put in 3 cups of confectioner's sugar also called powdered sugar, and then add in 1/4 cup of milk and 1/2 tsp. pure anise extract.
- Mix this well. Making icing like this is a very forgiving recipe; you just add a little more milk and or a little more powdered sugar as you go to get the right consistency.
- When you add the milk, just add one drop at a time, a little goes a long way with the powdered sugar stuff.
- You want to get the consistency of the icing so as to drip off of a spoon but still be thick enough to not totally drip off of the cookie.
- You will have to experiment with this until you get it just right.
- TIP: You need to get the Nonpareils which are THINNER and have no chocolate bits
People Who Like This Dish 12
The Cooktrigger MA
The Rating16 people
Love the flavor of anise, these sound wonderful! I'll try them out!juels in Clayton loved it
Thanks so much for this recipe. I came on the site to find a good anisette cookie recipe and here it was on the home page. I will definitely be making these this year for christmas. You got my 5bobbyc0117 in Canfield loved it
Thank you Michael! Although I couldn't find a pizelle iron, I can make these cookies to take home with me. Cooking and biscotti baking is this weekend!angelinaw in St Louis loved it