New Years Eve DinnerFrom thegoldminer 5 years ago
- Any well marbled steak – New York, Ribeye or filet mignon. shopping list
- 6 large prawns (2 per person) shopping list
- 1 can of crab meat (6-7 ounces) shopping list
- Bundle of asparagus (3-4 stalks per person). shopping list
- granulated onion shopping list
- granulated garlic shopping list
- Lawry’s Seasoned salt shopping list
- pepper shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning shopping list
- 4 tablespoons butter shopping list
- paprika shopping list
- Best Foods mayonnaise shopping list
- Schilling vegetable Supreme shopping list
How to make it
- Remove steaks from refrigerator at least one hour before cooking. Per the pic, I place clear plastic wrap on the granite counter and then place the steaks on the plastic wrap. The granite is an incredible way to take the coldness from the meat. The granite draws the cold from the meat, I will move the plastic around on the counter and turn the steaks a couple of times.
- After an hour apply olive oil to the meat. Liberally sprinkle on the granulated onion (I use a lot) then a light amount of garlic, Lawry’s and pepper. Rub this into the oil, coating each side of the steak and the edges. They are ready for grilling. The steaks in the pics were cooked on a propane grill on high. Cook the first side 3 minutes, turn, cook 2 1/2 minutes, turn, cook 2 1/2 more minutes. This cooking time was for steaks 1 1/2 inches thick and produced just less than Medium Rare (see pics).
- The prawns where already cut down the back and then I carefully cut them further without cutting all the way through so they are butter flied. Pat the opened shrimp with a paper towel to remove moisture. Melt real butter in a microwave safe dish (I use a soft plastic measuring cup). Once the butter is melted add the Old Bay and stir.
- I use a silicone brush and coat the butter flied shrimp. Place about a tablespoon of crabmeat on each shrimp until it is all evenly divided. Press the crab onto the shrimp. Once all the crab is pressed down, using the brush dab the remaining butter and Old Bay on the crab. This gets the flavoring into the crab. Apply a light coat of paprika. Ready for broiling. The prawns were cooked about 4 inches from the top on High broil for about 3 minutes, the Low broil for 4 with the oven door closed.
- To cook the asparagus, place at least 1/2 inch of water in a large fry pan. Bring to a boil, place asparagus in the boiling water and cook 8 minutes. Break the asparagus at the point it breaks when bent.
- I have the grill preheated, the oven is ready on high, and the water is boiling. First place asparagus in boiling water, place shrimp in oven, place streaks on grill. This way all three items will be cooked and ready at the same time to serve hot.
- Apply a light amount of Best Foods Mayo or Hellmann’s on the asparagus and sprinkle lightly with Schilling Vegetable Supreme.
- The meat was just succulent; the crab stuffed shrimp was taste bud delicious and the asparagus just perfect. It was a perfect meal.
People Who Like This Dish 7
- kochhexe Butzbach, DE
- m2googee Tomball, TX
- dragonwings647 Duchesne, UT
- jett2whit Union City, GA
- donman Hammond, LA
- juels Clayton, NC
- clbacon Birmingham, AL
- momo_55grandma Mountianview, AR
- paulasue1 Litchfield Park, AZ
- minitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookthegoldminer Sacramento, CA
The Rating11 people
Ah JJ the finest of foods high5 recipe thanks bunches, love it.momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
A lovely dinner! Happy New Year!clbacon in Birmingham loved it
Looks like you had a great new years eve dinner JJ very nice
HAPPY NEW YEAR
minitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it