Double Chocolate Truffle PieFrom larkspur 5 years ago
- Crust: shopping list
- 1 ½ cups chocolate wafer crumbs shopping list
- ¼ cup sugar shopping list
- 6 tbs. butter, melted shopping list
- Bottom layer: shopping list
- 1-cup evaporated milk shopping list
- 2 small egg yolks shopping list
- 8 oz. 62% cacao dark baking chocolate, chopped shopping list
- Top layer: shopping list
- 1 ½ cups semisweet chocolate chips shopping list
- 1 cup whipping cream, divided shopping list
- 3 tbs. confectioner’s sugar shopping list
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 cups whipped cream and chocolate leaves or curls for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- For crust, combine all ingredients; mix well.
- Press firmly on bottom and up side to rim of a 9” pie plate. Chill thoroughly.
- For bottom layer, whisk together evaporated milk and egg yolks in medium saucepan.
- Heat over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is very hot and thickens slightly; do not boil.
- Place chocolate in food processor fitted with metal blade. With processor running, slowly pour milk mixture into chocolate. Process 10 to 15 seconds.
- Scrape down sides and continue processing till smooth.
- Pour into crust; refrigerate for 3 hours or until firm.
- For top layer, combine chocolate chips and 1/3 cup cream in microwave-safe bowl. Cook on high for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until smooth. Cool to room temperature.
- Stir in sugar and vanilla; set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat remaining cream until soft peaks form. Beat in chocolate mixture on high, one-third at a time; mix well. Spoon onto hardened bottom layer.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Pipe cream on top in swirl pattern, garnish with chocolate leaves or curls. Store in refrigerator.
People Who Like This Dish 13
The Cooklarkspur Wauwatosa, WI
The Rating11 people
This sounds totally amazing!joe1155 in Munchen loved it
Oh my word! Total Drool! :Dchi_phx_singer in Scottsdale loved it
Wowza! A true favorite for sure.jett2whit in Union City loved it