Mediterranean SpaghettiFrom dianalee27 8 years ago
- 1 lb of lean ground beef shopping list
- 2 cups chopped onion shopping list
- 1 ½ tsp dried oregano shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- ½ cup dry red wine shopping list
- ¼ cup water shopping list
- ¾ tsp ground cinnamon shopping list
- ½ tsp salt shopping list
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1/8 tsp pepper shopping list
- 1 14 ounce can of stewed tomatoes, do not drain shopping list
- ¼ cup flour shopping list
- 2 cups 1% milk shopping list
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1 cup feta cheese shopping list
- 2 Tbs grated parmesan cheese, divided shopping list
- 1 large egg, beaten shopping list
- 2 Tbs dried seasoned bread crumbs, divided shopping list
- cooking spray shopping list
- 4 cups of angel hair pasta, cooked according to package shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the first four ingredients and saute' for 5 minutes. Add the wine and next 6 ingredients (wine through tomatoes). Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes. This is a good time to cook the pasta.
- Combine the flour, milk and nutmeg in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cook for 7 minute or until thick, stirring constant. Remove milk mixture from heat and stir in feta cheese, 1 Tbs of Parmesan cheese and egg. Coat the inside and bottom of a 2 quart casserole dish with cooking spray. Sprinkle 1 Tbs of the bread crumbs on the bottom of dish. Place 2 cups of spaghetti in casserole and top with 2 cups beef mixture and 1 cup of the white sauce. Repeat layers. Combine the 1 Tbs Parmesan cheese and 1 Tbs breadcrumbs and sprinkle over the casserole. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
The Cookdianalee27 NE
The Rating11 people
i've printed this off to make tomorrow. sounds delicious.choclytcandy in loved it
I love the addition of cinnamon in this recipe.
Five forks and a smile :)trigger in loved it
This sounds absolutely wonderful. Reading through the recipe made my mouth water. I love all the different ingredients that make up this dish & I can't wait to try it. Thanks & 5 froksbrianna in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!