All American Cheeseburger SoupFrom fizzle3nat 7 years ago
- 1 lb. ground beef shopping list
- 1 medium onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 stalk celery, chopped shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 - 14-oz. cans lower-sodium beef broth shopping list
- 2 medium potatoes, scrubbed and coarsely chopped shopping list
- 1 - 14 1/2-oz. can diced tomatoes, drained shopping list
- 1 - 8-oz. pkg. shredded cheddar and American cheese blend (2 cups) shopping list
- 1 - 6-oz. can tomato paste shopping list
- 1/4 c. ketchup shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. dijon-style mustard shopping list
- 1 cup whole milk shopping list
- toasted buns or rolls shopping list
- cheeseburger toppings, such as pickles, onions, lettuce, mustard, and/or ketchup (optional) shopping list
- Nat's additional topping suggestions: worcestershire sauce, and bacon bits shopping list
How to make it
- In 4-quart Dutch oven cook beef, onion, celery, and garlic over medium heat until meat is browned and vegetables are tender; drain off fat. Sprinkle flour on beef mixture; cook and stir 2 minutes.
- Stir in broth and potatoes. Bring to boiling, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat. Simmer, covered, 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in tomatoes, cheese, tomato paste, ketchup, and mustard. Cook and stir until cheese is melted and smooth and soup just comes to gentle boiling. Stir in milk; heat through.
- Serve with toasted buns and cheeseburger toppings. I also suggest adding a splash of Worcestershire sauce to really bring it together. The toppings, especially the lettuce and pickles, added a nice balance and contrast to the rich soup.
People Who Like This Dish 15
The Cookfizzle3nat Waterville, WA
The Rating9 people
Too cool... my favorite food is now a soup! Very unique and tasty sounding, nat. You have surely earned my thanks and my five!
Lorrainelacrenshaw in Horsham loved it
Another interesting soup that I just can't resist to try! Thanks for sharing!juels in Clayton loved it
Sound great!angelgal in New Philadelphia loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!