Chocolate Butter CookiesFrom juels 6 years ago
- 1 cup butter, softened shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa shopping list
- 1 cup white chocolate chips shopping list
- 2-1/2 tbsp. shortening, divided shopping list
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet or bitter-sweet chocolate chips shopping list
- sprinkles for decoration shopping list
How to make it
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in vanilla.
- Combine flour and cocoa and add gradually to the butter mixture.
- Spoon the dough out on a floured surface. Roll out to about 1/4-inch thickness. Cut with a 3-inch cookie cutter. For Valentine's you can use a heart-shaped cutter, for Thanksgiving a pumpkin, for Christmas a star, etc.
- Place cookie cut outs 2 inches apart on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake at 375F oven for 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, heat white chocolate chips and 1-1/2 tbsp. shortening until melted. Stop and stir every 35-40 seconds.
- Dip both sides of cookies into melted white chocolate mixture (refer to pictures), or spread melted white chocolate on both sides of cookies using a small rubber spatula. . Place dipped cookies on parchment paper. Sprinkle with seasonal sprinkles (in this case I used red Valentine's ones). *Note: if the chocolate mixture stiffenes, warm it up again.
- In another microwave-safe bowl, heat the semi-sweet chocolate chips and remaining 1 tbsp. shortening until melted, using the same process. Drizzle this mixture over the cookies using a small spoon. Let the chocolate dry somewhat, then transfer cookies to the fridge in batches for the chocolate to complitely harden. As it hardens, carefully remove cookies from parchment to a storage container.
People Who Like This Dish 14
The Cookjuels Clayton, NC
The Rating22 people
Oh Jules what a beautiful little Valentines day treat for your family, and so simple too. When my kids were little I would always make a dark chocolate heart shaped cake, With a fluffy gooey pink icing on with red sprinkles on, they still remember i...moregagagrits in Irmo loved it
OHHHHHH HOW CUTE THESE ARE JUELS WHAT A GREAT IDEA YOU DID THEM BEAUTIFULLY TOO
I LOVE THEM
HAPPY VALENTINES DAY TO YOU AND YOUR KIDS!!!!
LOVE YA TINKminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Gotta Make These Real Soon For The Wife. These Look & Sound Real Tasty.
Steffgoblue434 in Anniston loved it
Sweet Tooth446 members
Chocolate Dreams354 members
Cookies And Sweets451 members
Choco Lovers138 members
Holiday Cookie Swappers222 members
All About Choclate85 members
FROM SCRATCH146 members
Death By Chocolate122 members
Be My Valentine31 members
Sugar N Spice N Everything Nice77 members