Stuffed Santa Fe ChickenFrom mommyluvs2cook 5 years ago
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast shopping list
- 4 oz. shredded monterey jack cheese shopping list
- 1/2 cup melted butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup Italian style bread crumbs shopping list
- 1 tablespoon shredded parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. cumin shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. pepper shopping list
- 1 small red bell pepper shopping list
- Cheese sauce: shopping list
- 1 tbs. butter shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp. flour shopping list
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk shopping list
How to make it
- Pound chicken breast between sheets of wax paper. Work from the center of the chicken out until flat. Sprinkle equal amounts of monterey cheese on each chicken breast and fold over in half.
- Combine bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, salt cumin and pepper. Holding the open end closed drench chicken breast in butter and them in bread crumb mixture. Place chicken in 9x13 baking dish. Drizzle a little bit of the melted butter over the chicken. Refrigerated for 1 hour.Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 30 minutes or until chicken is done.
- While chicken is cooking make a roux with the butter and flour. Add milk. Bring to a simmer. Add cheese and lower heat, constantly stirring so cheese won't burn. Add extra milk if needed to thin out sauce.
- Dice bell pepper and cook in a small pan with some butter until tender.
- When chicken is done, pour some cheese sauce over top and sprinkle with peppers. :)
People Who Like This Dish 16
The Cookmommyluvs2cook Santa Fe, TX
The Rating10 people
Mmmmm....this one is making my mouth water! Very elegant and so delicious sounding, thanks!juels in Clayton loved it
Yum!joe1155 in Munchen loved it
your makin me hungry!!cowboyfan in loved it