Korean BulgogiFrom kristinsh 5 years ago
- 3 lbs beef flank steak (or anything you've got) sliced very thin (if there is a Korean market near you they should have pre-sliced rib-eye specifically ready for this recipe. You can also ask your butcher or just do it yourself). shopping list
- 1 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1 cup soy sauce shopping list
- 3 leeks (green onions) shopping list
- 1 carrot shopping list
- 1 small yellow onion shopping list
- sesame oil shopping list
How to make it
- Take beef and rub with brown sugar.
- Let the beef sit in large vessel (bowl, container, etc...) for 30 minutes.
- While letting the beef sit with the sugar rub, julienne the carrots and chop the green and yellow onions.
- Add soy sauce and veggies and stir until all is coated with soy sauce.
- Put in the refrigerator and let marinade for 30 minutes (best to let it marinade over night but if you don't have the time :-) ).
- Heat up sesame oil in a skillet over medium high heat.
- cooking the meat and veggies with the marinade one-two servings at a time (since the meat is so thinly cut, it should cook very fast).
- Serve with sticky rice and eat :-)
People Who Like This Dish 51
The Cookkristinsh Katy, TX
The Rating10 people
Great recipe! High FIVE :+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it
I used to eat this often when I was in college. Thanks for posting this recipe!joe1155 in Munchen loved it
Sounds good. My daughters college room-mate from Korea taught her to make a meal where you marinated the beef in a similar sauce, dredged in flour and deep fried, then you rolled with rice noodles, mint and cilantro in rice paper. You also dip it i...moremomoften in nowhere loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!