Chicago-style PizzaFrom johnald 6 years ago
- Crust shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups water shopping list
- 1 teaspoons sugar shopping list
- 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast (one packet) shopping list
- 3 1/2 cups flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal shopping list
- 1 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup olive oil shopping list
- Toppings shopping list
- 1 1/4 lb Sliced mozzarella or provolone cheese shopping list
- Other toppings (Italian sausage, pepperoni, onion...) shopping list
- 1 can crushed tomatoes (28 oz) shopping list
- oregano, basil, garlic... shopping list
- Grated parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Add all ingredients except oil to a mixing bowl and mix with a dough hook on low speed till the ingredients are combined.
- Add oil and mix another 7 minutes. The dough should make a moist smooth ball, not sticky.
- Cover and let rise.
- Or use a bread-maker.
- Heat oven to 400°.
- Coat the bottom of a well-seasoned 15x2" deep-dish pan (or a 15" cast-iron skillet) with olive oil.
- Place dough in the center of the pan and press it out until it covers the bottom and up the sides of the pan.
- Cover the dough with sliced cheese.
- Add whatever toppings you want. (Italian sausage is popular in Chicago.)
- Pour tomatoes on top and spread out.
- Add spices and grated parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 400° for 30-40 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 15 minutes.
The Cookjohnald Knoxville, TN
The Rating10 people
We're big fans of homemade pizza. The topping possibilities are endless. This is awesome. Great post.rosiek in Waterloo loved it
Great post....:)wynnebaer in Dunnellon loved it
Yum! Looks great, thanks for sharing! Not sure how I missed this!sparow64 in Sweetwater loved it