Poppa Jacks Chick-n-shack Chicken Breader Xx CrispyFrom mrjwjohnson 5 years ago
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 cup yellow corn meal shopping list
- 1/2 cup soy flour shopping list
- 1/3 cup powder milk (ground very fine) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons corn starch shopping list
- 1 teaspoons baking soda shopping list
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning shopping list
- 2 tablespoon sea salt (ground very fine) shopping list
- 2 teaspoons Nu-salt (Potassium Chloride…KCl) shopping list
- 2 teaspoons paprika shopping list
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard shopping list
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Mix all the ingredients in a 1-gallon zip lock bag by inverting the bag for about a minute.
- Dip chicken in egg or egg substitute then, coat with chicken breader by shaking together In plastic bag or rolling pieces in breader on plate. Deep fry or pan-fry at 325 to 350 until golden brown.
- I guess I should add that anytime your frying for extra crispness you need to remember a few things about the cooking technique. First know your oil, never use fresh oil, the oil molecules bond with the food, and fresher oil doesn't bond as well. Second know the oils temperature at all times never let it fall below 325° F and never let it get above 375° F. Third fry in "Small Batches" adding too many pieces will lower the oils temperate and create to much moisture at once. And last use a Double or even Triple frying method. I put my chicken in the hot oil at 350° F and let it fry for about 3-4 minutes pull the chicken out and wait for the fryer to come back up to temperature and drop the chicken again until its crisp, that's called Double frying. To Triple fry just pull the chicken out of the oil twice, first time at about about 3-4 then the second time at about 7-8 minutes each time wait for the oil to come back up to temperature and drop the chicken again until its crisp and done.
The Cookmrjwjohnson Delmar, MD
The Rating20 people
Sounds delicious!pleclare in Framingham loved it
Oh you tease you....so when is the fishing trip breading recipe hitting GR?! In the meantime, I've got to give this one a try! And, I think I'd do the Old Bay for the chicken, too....you won't be mad at me if I do will you? LOL!crabhappychick in Pittsburgh loved it
AWESOME............ROCK ON...lycett in CANYON COUNTRY loved it