Banana CupcakesFrom krumkake 8 years ago
- ¼ cup butter shopping list
- ¼ cup solid Crisco shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons flour shopping list
- 2½ teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- ½ teaspoon salt shopping list
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1 cup mashed bananas (about 3 medium bananas) shopping list
- ¼ cup buttermilk or sour cream (I always use sour cream) shopping list
How to make it
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, Crisco, sugar and extract.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Mix dry ingredients together and add to creamed mixture alternately with bananas and sour cream (or buttermilk).
- Grease 18 muffin tins (or line tins with cupcake liners); fill tins 3/4 full (I always get exactly 18 out of this recipe).
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Cool and frost. One frosting option is listed below, but the pictured cupcake is frosted with cream cheese frosting.
- Brown Sugar Frosting:
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons whole milk or half and half
- 4 tablespoons butter
- powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine brown sugar, milk and butter in saucepan; bring to a boil. Remove pan from heat; beat in enough powdered sugar to make frosting spreadable; beat in vanilla.
The Cookkrumkake Chicago Suburbs, IL
The Rating24 people
I will be try this one soon. My kids will love it!~Mmichellem in Idaho loved it
Will definately have to give these a try.... they look yummy....zena824 in Somewhere, USA loved it
krum guess what my daughter just made these. we are getting them out of the oven in five minutes. cant wait to try them!!!~Mmichellem in Idaho loved it