Banana-Filled Peanut Butter CookiesFrom jo_jo_ba 7 years ago
- cookie shopping list
- 1/2 cup stick margarine, room temperature shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter (or add 2 T chopped peanuts) shopping list
- 1 cup all purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour shopping list
- 1 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- Filling shopping list
- 1 tbsp margarine shopping list
- 1 1/2 tbsp brown sugar shopping list
- 1 tbsp light rum shopping list
- pinch each cinnamon and nutmeg shopping list
- 2 small bananas, sliced shopping list
- 1/2 cup light cream cheese shopping list
- 1/2 cup smooth light peanut butter shopping list
How to make it
- For cookies:
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Cream together margarine and sugars until pale and fluffy.
- Beat egg and vanilla, add to creamed mixture.
- Stir in peanut butter.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- Blend with peanut butter mixture.
- Drop 24 balls onto an ungreased cookie sheet and press them with a floured fork.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Let cool on sheet.
- For filling:
- In sauté pan, melt margarine.
- Add sugar and increase heat to medium-high.
- Stir until melted and bubbling.
- Add rum, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Stir in bananas to coat, pour into a bowl and set aside.
- Cream together cream cheese and peanut butter until smooth. Mash bananas and add to cream cheese mixture until smooth. Chill for 20 minutes.
- Fill between 2 cooled peanut butter cookies to make sandwiches.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
The Rating12 people
Me and my other half like to go out walking mountains (we live in the english lake district) so I'm always on the look out for recipes that can be adapted for the kind of high energy needs we have ie lightweight food with lots of slow release energy....morevertangie in Penrith loved it
I really liked these. I also shared this recipe with my sister.helewes in Newton loved it
I just saw the picture for these on your food page and had to wander in and drool. Gosh, Sarah - these sound and look so great. Thanks so much - you always have such yummy offerings. You get a high 5 from me! ~ Vickielunasea in Orlando loved it