Country Style Oven RibsFrom zena824 9 years ago
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin shopping list
- 1 teaspoon paprika shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves shopping list
- 3 1/2 pounds pork style country ribs shopping list
- 4 cups root beer (not diet) shopping list
- 1/3 cup bottled bbq sauce shopping list
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vinegar shopping list
- 2 teaspoons dijon style mustard shopping list
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl combine the first 6 ingredients; sprinkle the ribs with the spice mixture, rubbing it all over the entire surface.
- Place ribs, bone side up, in a shallow roasting pan; bake covered for 1 1/4 hours; drain.
- Meanwhile in a large saucepan bring the root beer to boiling.
- Boil gently, uncovered, until root beer is reduced to 1 1/4 cups ,
- about 20 to 25 minutes; remove from heat.
- Stir in the bbq sauce and the next 4 ingredients.
- Return mixture to boiling; boil gently, uncovered, for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat; set aside.
- Turn the drained ribs meaty side up; spoon about half of the root beer sauce over the ribs.
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes more, basting once or twice with remaining sauce.
- Spoon sauce over ribs to serve.
The Cookzena824 Somewhere, USA, AR
The Rating13 people
Sounds and looks nicecholena in Food World loved it
Just printed this off to make for tonight....Sounds awesome...Thanks..:)wynnebaer in Dunnellon loved it
Had this tonight and they were awesome....The root beer sounded so intriguing that I had too......Wasn't sure how it was gonna come out because the sauce was really liquidy but boy, oh boy....Excellent....This is definitely a make again recipe....Tha...morewynnebaer in Dunnellon loved it