Olive Bar BreadFrom keni 4 years ago
- 2 cup flour shopping list
- 1T baking powder shopping list
- 1t dried oregano shopping list
- 1/2t fine kosher or sea salt shopping list
- several grinds of fresh ground black pepper shopping list
- 2T dry minced onion shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 3 large eggs shopping list
- 1 cup sour cream or plain Greek yogurt shopping list
- 2T red wine shopping list
- 1/4 cup olive oil shopping list
- 6oz crumbled goat cheese shopping list
- a heaping 1/3 cup chopped fresh mixed Italian or Greek olives(this is the measurement AFTER chopping) shopping list
- a scant 1/4 cup chopped peppadews, roasted red peppers, cherry peppers(hot or sweet), etc shopping list
- about 2T fresh grated Parmesan or Nothing To It Parmesan Pizza Topping shopping list
How to make it
- Combine sour cream, eggs, olive oil, minced onion, garlic, Oregano, and red wine See Photo. Whisk well.
- In large glass bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and black pepper.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and fold together to combine well. Do not beat or over mix.
- Add olives, peppadews(or red pepper) and goat cheese and fold just to combine. See Photo
- Pour into prepared loaf pan. See Photo
- Bake for 45 minutes, at 350.
- Remove from oven and either spritz with a lil olive oil or rub a stick of butter just over the top, and add the Parmesan or pizza topping.
- Return to oven and cook abnother 10-15 minutes until springy and golden brown.
- Let cool on wire rack for a few minutes before trying to remove from pan.
- **please note, I increased the olive measurement in the recipe, compared to what I did when I first tried to create the recipe.... it looked like so many in the batter, but when it was done, I thought it needed more, so, when I make it again, I will use the above recommended 1/3 cup :)
People Who Like This Dish 19
The Cookkeni Sweet Home, AL
The Rating1 people
Can't wait to try this!pkusmc in Worcester loved it
Okay, so I've been wanting to make this from the moment I heard about it. It is absolutely delicious. I made a few adjustments, but not due to anything in the recipe. I realized too late that I did not have dry minced onion. So, I minced up 2 1/2 T o...morepkusmc in Worcester loved it