Classic Patty MeltFrom wynnebaer 4 years ago
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced shopping list
- oil to cook onion ( I like to add a pad of butter to the oil) shopping list
- (sugar to sprinkle over onions if sweetness is desired) shopping list
- 1/2 lb. ground beef, shaped into 2 patties shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 2 thick slices swiss cheese shopping list
- 4 slices light rye bread shopping list
- butter shopping list
- mustard (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- In skillet over medium low heat add oil and sliced onion
- Saute until caramelized, stirring occasionally (should take 20-25 minutes)
- Remove from skillet and set aside
- Salt and pepper both sides of burgers
- In grill pan over medium high heat, add patties and cook until no longer pink. (About 3 minutes per side)
- In the meantime, heat skillet over medium heat
- Put cheese in bread and butter one side
- Add to skillet and grill until golden brown
- Flip and repeat.
- Open sandwich and add patty, onions and this isn't classic but I love mine with mustard.
- Slice in half and enjoy!!!
People Who Like This Dish 29
- mommyluvs2cook Santa Fe, TX
- housewifeintraining Minneapolis, MN
- JABNJENN Nowhere, Us
- DoraSoSweet Richmond, Va
- chuckieb Ottawa, CA
- reviews Anycity, Anystate
- mommalamb2000 Nowhere, Us
- mark555 Center Of The World Ma' Center Of The World, KS
- mrtnzangel8 SW, MO
- mrpiggy Mendocino County, CA
- Plus 19 othersFrom around the world!
The Cookwynnebaer Dunnellon, Florida
The Rating5 people
Patty melts are my favorite burger. This looks awesome. Thanks for sharingmrpiggy in Mendocino County loved it
Oh, YES ... this is the only way we make and enjoy our patty melt. Thank you for posting an old time favorite recipe. For those of you who have never savored a GOOD patty melt ... give Wynnebaer's recipe a try! It doesn't get much better!hungrynow in Corralitos loved it
Get this Corinne....I've never had a Patty melt.....LOL! This looks amazing. Bookmarked to try. Gorgeous post!chuckieb in Ottawa loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!