Another Mango ChutneyFrom berry 8 years ago
- 2 1/4 raw mangoes shopping list
- 4 tbsp. salt shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups water shopping list
- 2 1/3 cups sugar shopping list
- 2 cups vinegar shopping list
- 2 tsp. finely chopped ginger root shopping list
- 2 tsp. garlic, crushed shopping list
- 2 tsp. chili powder shopping list
- 2 cinnamon sticks shopping list
- 1/2 cup raisins shopping list
- 1/2 cup dates, pitted shopping list
How to make it
- Using a sharp knife, peel,halve, and pit the mangoes. Cut the mango flesh into cubes. Place the mangoes in a large bowl. Add the salt and waterand leave overnight. Drain the liquid from the mangoes and set aside.
- Bring the dugar and vinegar to a boil in a large saucepan over a low heat, stirring.
- Gradually add the mango cubes to the sugar and vinegar mixture.
- Add the ginger , garlic, chili powder, cinnamon sticks, raisins and dates, and bring to a boil again, stirring ocacionally. Reduce the heat and cook for about 1 hour, or until the mixture thickens. Remove from the heat and cool.
- Remove the cinnamon sticks and discard.
- Spoon the chutney into clean dry jars and cover tightly with lids. Leave in a cool place for the falvors to delope fully.
The Cookberry Winter Park, FL
The Rating6 people
That was delicious and if you cook with Jesus you got it made hon.
Joymariemystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
I love raw mango chutney! My mouth is watering.ambus in Lahore loved it
This looks excellent, and no sugar!invisiblechef in loved it