Another Mango ChutneyFrom berry 6 years ago
- 2 1/4 raw mangoes shopping list
- 4 tbsp. salt shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups water shopping list
- 2 1/3 cups sugar shopping list
- 2 cups vinegar shopping list
- 2 tsp. finely chopped ginger root shopping list
- 2 tsp. garlic, crushed shopping list
- 2 tsp. chili powder shopping list
- 2 cinnamon sticks shopping list
- 1/2 cup raisins shopping list
- 1/2 cup dates, pitted shopping list
How to make it
- Using a sharp knife, peel,halve, and pit the mangoes. Cut the mango flesh into cubes. Place the mangoes in a large bowl. Add the salt and waterand leave overnight. Drain the liquid from the mangoes and set aside.
- Bring the dugar and vinegar to a boil in a large saucepan over a low heat, stirring.
- Gradually add the mango cubes to the sugar and vinegar mixture.
- Add the ginger , garlic, chili powder, cinnamon sticks, raisins and dates, and bring to a boil again, stirring ocacionally. Reduce the heat and cook for about 1 hour, or until the mixture thickens. Remove from the heat and cool.
- Remove the cinnamon sticks and discard.
- Spoon the chutney into clean dry jars and cover tightly with lids. Leave in a cool place for the falvors to delope fully.
The Cookberry CO
The Rating6 people
That was delicious and if you cook with Jesus you got it made hon.
Joymariemystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
I love raw mango chutney! My mouth is watering.ambus in Lahore loved it
This looks excellent, and no sugar!invisiblechef in loved it