Walking TacosFrom krumkake 7 years ago
- 1½ pound ground sirloin shopping list
- 1½ pound ground chuck shopping list
- 3 (1.25 ounce) packages taco seasoning mix shopping list
- 3 cups water or beef broth shopping list
- 24 INDIVIDUAL SIZE bags of tortilla chips shopping list
- TOPPING INGREDIENTS: shopping list
- 3 (15 ounce) cans black beans, seasoned or regular shopping list
- 6 cups finely shredded lettuce shopping list
- 3 cups salsa and/or taco sauce shopping list
- 3 pints sour cream shopping list
- 3 cups guacamole shopping list
- 6 cups grated Mexican Four cheese (or any other cheese) shopping list
- 3 cups finely diced tomato shopping list
- 3 cups finely diced onion shopping list
- 2 cups sliced black olives shopping list
- plenty of sliced jalapenos shopping list
How to make it
- Fry ground meat in a large skillet.
- When meat is browned, add taco seasoning mix and water or broth.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes, until liquid is reduced down.
- This is where the fun begins!
- Keep the meat mixture hot in a crock-pot.
- Have all the topping ingredients next to the crockpot, so each person can make their own “walking taco”.
- Instruct everyone to crush an individual size bag of taco chips for themselves, then open it up and start adding in all the toppings they want (or can get in the bag), starting with the meat first.
- When they have their toppings in the bag, fold over the top and shake vigorously. Open the bag, grab a fork, and walk around with your meal in your hand!
People Who Like This Dish 44
The Cookkrumkake Chicago Suburbs, IL
The Rating5 people
Krum, you have done it now....I have to have this for the next fundraiser for Tyler's memorial fund. I can do this in the crock pot and have all the fixing's so the kids can do the games of chance and we can raise money for the fund!!! This will re...morenotyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
We did something something like this (after Church) for fund raiser also... great idea and easy money.. great taste! Bravo!!!shirleyoma in Cove loved it
I thought I would browse your recipe box, and this one caught my eye...
LOL....This is one fantastic party recipe, Krum!!! Love it, and that title too! This is so much better than nachos! Thanks for sharing :) ^5lori4flavor in Chicago loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!