Enchiladas MontereyFrom debbie919 9 years ago
- 3/4 cup butter shopping list
- 3/4 cup flour shopping list
- 1 qt. very rich chicken stock shopping list
- 3/4 cup half and half shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. chopped pimiento shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. chopped mild green chiles shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. chopped cilantro shopping list
- 2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. white pepper shopping list
- 1 lb chopped cooked chicken shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. chopped onion shopping list
- 4 oz. cream cheese shopping list
- 4 to 6 oz. sour cream shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. chopped green chiles shopping list
- 1 dozen soft corn tortillas shopping list
- 8 oz. shredded monterey jack cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Melt butter over low heat, mix in flour very slowly until blended well.
- Do not brown.
- Add warm chicken stock, stirring until sauce is smooth and thick.
- Stir in warm cream, pimientos, green chiles cilantro, salt and pepper.
- Do not boil.
- Keep warm.
- Saute onions until soft. Add chopped chicken, salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove from heat.
- Mix soft cream cheese with enough sour cream to make a creamy base.
- Add chicken mixture, chopped chiles.
- Mix well.
- Roll filling into softenened corn tortillas, dividing evenly between the 12 tortillas, and place the enchiladas in a baking pan.
- Cover enchiladas with hot cream sauce, top with a generous amount of Monterey Jack cheese.
- Bake in a 350 oven til hot and bubbly.
People Who Like This Dish 26
The Cookdebbie919 Manahawkin, NJ
The Rating10 people
This is fantastic! It makes a nice change from the red enchilada sauce I usually make!kimmichanga in Wickliffe loved it
This just sounds like wonderful southwest tex/mex comfort food! I'll change the flour to cornstarch and make this gluten-free. Thanks!crabhappychick in Pittsburgh loved it
oh my! can hear these calling my name!jadedmom in Baton Rouge loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!