BriouatsFrom berry 9 years ago
- 1 pounds blanched almonds shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1cup sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoon Orange blossom water* shopping list
- 2 tablespoon Melted butter shopping list
- 1 pounds Fillo sheets; each 12x17 inches shopping list
- 1 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 cup Honey; warmed shopping list
- 2 tablespoon shopping list
- Sesame seeds; toasted shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare the Almond Filling: In a food processor, chop the almonds to a coarse consistency, then add the cinnamon, sugar, orange blossom water (can be found in Middle Eastern stores), and melted butter and process to combine the filling.
- To Shape the Triangles: Take several fillo sheets and divide them in half lengthwise and crosswise so that you have sheets that are 6 inches wide by 8- 1/2 inches long. Fold them lengthwise so that you have fillo strips 3 inches wide. This is the size that will be filled and folded into triangles.
- Take 1 heaping teaspoon of the filling and put it on the lower left hand side of the fillo. Fold it over to the right to make a triangle. Then fold it over to the left and to the right again until you have folded the entire sheet into a triangle. Seal the packages with beaten egg or a light mixture of flour and water.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over moderate/low heat and brown the pastries for about 2 minutes.
- Plunge them into the honey and leave them for 10 minutes, turning them over once. Remove and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Set aside to cool and dry.
The Cookberry Winter Park, FL
The Rating24 people
I think I have died and gone to heaven...the taste is sooo good thank you for the post.mystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
I just wish I had some of these now! I love working with phyllo dough and will have to make this recipe soon. Great recipe and thank you for posting it here.annieamie in Los Angeles loved it
mmmmmm, must be fantastic. I love anything made from phyllo and I made a group for it. Shall try it as soon as possible. The only query I have is about the orange blossom water. Usually the blossom water we have is made from blossoms of citrus tr...moreivy in Whereabouts loved it