French ChickenFrom annieamie 6 years ago
How to make it
- Clean and dry your chicken.
- Gently pierce the skin of the chicken with a fork over the breast.
- Sprinkle the entire chicken with salt and pepper.
- Quarter your orange and your apple (removing core). Keep the skin on the orange and the apple!
- Clean and quarter the onion.
- Stuff fruit into the cavity of the chicken.
- Sprinkle the entire chicken with flour LIGHTLY.
- Bake the chicken at 350, breast side up for an hour and a half or until the leg can easily be pulled away from the body of the chicken. Baste chicken with natural juices at least three times during the baking process.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 20 minutes. Remove fruit and onion and discard. The chicken is now ready to slice and serve.
- Bon appetit? ;)
- This recipe works great for Cornish Game Hens!
The Cookannieamie Los Angeles, US
The Rating11 people
I love chicken prepared this way... Just reading the recipe took me back several years to a wonderful time and place! Thank you for sharing.lor in Toronto loved it
Annie, I made this. Du told me about your recipe and sent it. Yanno, I thought you were nuts to add the flour but it made the skin really crispy plus it kept the chicken really moist. It was so good and really tender. Dave really loved it. I made the...morecinnamon in Beverly Hills loved it
This sounds very good, thank you.mark555 in Center Of The World Ma' Center Of The World loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!