Easy Coconut CakeFrom annieamie 9 years ago
- 1 box of white cake mix. (Yellow cakes work well and if you just have to make a chocolate and coconut cake, feel free to use a chocolate cake mix. (Its good!)) shopping list
- 1 large container of Cool Whip (I use the "extra rich" variety) shopping list
- 1 can of coconut milk (found in Asian food aisles) 19 oz. shopping list
- 1 to 2 cups sweetened shredded coconut (use as much as you like!) shopping list
How to make it
- Baking the cake mix in a 13x9 inch pan according to the manufacturer's directions.
- Once the cake has completely baking, remove the cake from the oven. Take a fork and quickly and gently punch holes over the entire surface of the HOT cake, trying not to break the cake into pieces.
- Shake up the can of coconut milk and open, pouring the coconut milk directly over the surface fo the cake, letting the coconut milk seep into the hot cake.
- Cover the cake with aluminum foil and refrigerate until it is cold to the touch. Remove foil and cover with Cool Whip and sprinkle with coconut. Serve!
- If you like a sweeter cake, you can actually add a can of sweetened condensed milk over the hot cake before adding the coconut milk.
- I found a recipe for this addition years ago on Eaglebrand.com.
- I add white chocolate slivers to the top at times and have even toasted the coconut first. The packages coconut is great without being toasted as its adds a fresher flavor to the cake and sweetness, too! Aloooohaaaa! (Thank you Don Ho!)
- (The pic came from Teatopia.net. I borrowed it! It looks very similar to the recipe above. )
The Cookannieamie Los Angeles, US
The Rating9 people
Oh my God.What is such brilliant idea? Where can I find such ubnormal recipes.I really appreciate sharing this.ahmed1 in Cairo loved it
Sounds sooooooooooo good to me!!shirleyoma in Cove loved it
Sigh...heaven!chihuahua in Sonoma County loved it
Back To Basics347 members
Quick N Easy123 members
Cooking With Kids277 members
Short Cut Cooking221 members
Newbie Foodies98 members
Dont Knock It Till You Try It74 members
Chocoholics Anonymous155 members
Tried And True Recipes40 members
Local Kine Grinds38 members
Stuff Kids Will Eat46 members