Amazing Chocolate CakeFrom recipediva 8 years ago
- 8½ ounces (2 sticks plus 1 tablespoon) unsalted butter, more for greasing pan shopping list
- 7 ounces bittersweet chocolate (50 percent or higher cocoa), chopped shopping list
- 5 large eggs, separated shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- ½ cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- Pinch of salt shopping list
- whipped cream for serving shopping list
How to make it
- Place rack in top third of oven and heat to 400 degrees. (For best results, use a separate oven thermometer.)
- Butter a 9-inch springform pan and set aside. Original recipe calls for a loaf pan
- In a double boiler or microwave oven, melt together 8½ ounces butter and the chocolate.
- Stir to blend.
- In a medium bowl, stir together egg yolks and sugar.
- Stir in flour.
- Add chocolate mixture and stir until smooth.
- Using an electric mixer, whisk egg whites and salt until stiff but not dry.
- Fold whites into chocolate mixture just until blended. Pour into cake pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove cake from oven and allow to cool for 1 hour.
- Wrap with foil and refrigerate until cake is firm and cold, at least 2 hours.
- Two hours before serving, remove cake from refrigerator and bring to room temperature.
- Slice (center of cake will be fudgy) and serve, if desired, with whipped cream and strawberries or rasberries (optional)
- Optional: ganache on top
The Cookrecipediva Pittsburgh, PA
The Rating4 people
Oh yes, yes and more yes's.. this sounds so good!!shirleyoma in Cove loved it
Sounds very decadent, Yum, bookmarking this to try. Thanks for the great post.henrie in Savannah loved it
This is great lolcherihannah in Shickshinny loved it