Cheese Stuffed CalamariFrom trigger 9 years ago
- 2 frozen packages of squid thawed shopping list
- 2 cups romano cheese shopping list
- 2 cups bread crumbs shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk ( more or less as needed) shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 4 tablespoons fresh parsley shopping list
- 1 1/2 tablespoons salt shopping list
- fresh ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 tablespoons raisins optional shopping list
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts optional shopping list
- 4 quarts Home made tomato sauce( make on the watery side) shopping list
- 1 lb favorite pasta shopping list
How to make it
- Separate the heads from the bodies of the squid
- Run a finger up into the mantle and clear out any bones inside
- Remove the beak located in the center of the tentacles and discard
- Make stuffing
- Mix together the bread crumbs the cheese the salt, pepper and parsley.
- Taste for seasonings correct it now ( should be very salty at this point)
- Add the pine nuts and raisins
- Add milk a little at a time, enough to hold together
- Beat the egg and add to mix
- STUFF THE SQUID
- before studffing the squid make a test.
- To test the stuffing for consistency make a couple of small balls and drop them into your sauce for a few minutes.
- They shoule be firm but not dry add some additional milk if the stuffing is to dry and firm.
- Add more bread crumbs and cheese if it is too wet.
- Stuff each squid with the cheese stuffing no more then half way before sealing by using a small teaspoon or the handle of a small spoon.
- Seal Squid opening by weaving a tooth pick 1/4 inch from top
- Drop into your favorite sauce and simmer for 1 hour
- serve with your favorite pasta
The Cooktrigger MA
The Rating26 people
this looks so good I can almost taste it now!!jeannej in Raleigh loved it
Very good...bookmarked!greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it
Guess I am a die hard Italian- wonderful recipe thanks. ^5 I see some idiot gave you a one...we have a few on heremystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
Comfort Foods775 members
Fish And Seafood308 members
Top Chef102 members
Pasta Place196 members
Christmas All Year183 members
Italian Group96 members
Ethnic Family Traditions Our Heritage Together135 members