Creamy Spinach And Potato SoupFrom trigger 8 years ago
- 2 medium organic Russet or yukon gold potatoes shopping list
- 14 oz organic baby spinach shopping list
- 1/2 organic red bell pepper shopping list
- 1/2 organic onion shopping list
- 1 cup organic vegetable stock shopping list
- 2 cups water shopping list
- 1/2 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 1 tablespoon sea salt shopping list
- fresh ground black pepper shopping list
- fresh ground nutmeg shopping list
- 2 thick slices sesame bread shopping list
- cheddar cheese about 2 ounces shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 2 tablespoons lemon pepper seasoning shopping list
- pinch of sea salt shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Cube the russet potatoes coat with vegetable oil and sprinkle with sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, bake them for 35 minutes until soft.
- Dice the onion and half of the red bell pepper and add to pot fry for a few minutes on medium.
- Add the Spinach the water and the vegetable stock and bring to a boil.
- Cook down the spinach until ti is all wilted, add the heavy cream, sea salt pepper, and fresh ground nutmeg.
- Place the potatoes into a food processor and pulse until rough chopped.
- Reserve half of the rough chopped potato for the soup pot .
- In a food processor blend half the potato with the spinach and cream stock until smooth,
- This may have to be done in batches.Return all the ingredients to the pot and heat thoroughly.
- Fill a soup bowl with spinach potato soup and add the croûtons then grate some cheddar cheese on top.
- Julian the remainder of the red bell pepper add for garnish.
- serve at once.
The Cooktrigger MA
The Rating15 people
This looks incredible! I bet it tastes even better. I absolutely love spinach, so I am sure I would love this.trackwidow in Fort Atkinson loved it
Lovely to look at and equally lovely to eat. YUM.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
You've sure got my 5 on this winner! Wow, I can almost taste it ;) Thank you for submitting this lovely soup recipe to the group.laadeedaa in loved it
Eat Light Healthy456 members
Modern Entertaining72 members
Soup Is Good Food564 members
Vegetarian Food Lover425 members
Everyday Chefs68 members
Fall Dishes39 members
Anything Goes288 members
Cooking To Prevent Or Beat Cancer41 members
You Are What You Eat56 members
Spinach Lovers Unite65 members