Mussels In Butter And GarlicFrom trigger 7 years ago
- 3 lb fresh mussels shopping list
- 1/2 pound steamed shrimp ( optional) shopping list
- 1 1/4 stick butter shopping list
- 6 lg garlic cloves shopping list
- 3/4 cup of onion-Finely chopped shopping list
- 4 Tablespoons parsley shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice shopping list
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest shopping list
- Salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- Some hot pepper flakes ( optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Steam Shrimp for 3 minutes and place into and ice an water bath , set aside.
- Place mussels in a large covered pot and cook over high heat until mussels open/remove mussels and place in bowl/ Melt butter in same pot add garlic, and onion saute' until onion is translucent/ Add 3 tablespoons parsley, lemon juice, lemon peel and reserved liquid from mussels and bring to boil/ add the Shrimp if using Season to taste with salt and pepper. Drizzle garlic butter over mussels. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon parsley and hot pepper flakes.
The Cooktrigger MA
The Rating19 people
Turned out wonderful,,, I'm a fan of Mussels.pudgy47 in Las Vegas loved it
I love the addition of the lemon zest...amazing what a litle will do to a dish..just brightens it right up. 5 from me!greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it
Mussels and shrimp are two of my weaknesses, I can't wait to try this one out!
Thanks for sharing,
Lauralaurakaay in Oroville loved it