Four Cheese MacaroniFrom lunasea 9 years ago
- 1 (16 ounce) package elbow macaroni shopping list
- 9 tablespoons butter (The original recipe calls for 9 tbsp. - I like to use 8 tablespoons of unsalted butter - or one stick. You probably could get by with even less if you are so inclined...) shopping list
- 1/2 cup shredded muenster cheese shopping list
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1/2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese shopping list
- (Feel free to up the cheese quotient. And invite me for dinner! ) shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half shopping list
- 8 ounces cubed processed cheese food (Don't be a Velveeta snob like I was - this makes the sauce so darn cheesy/creamy. If you want to remain a V-snob, then go for cream cheese, but it won't be the same. But hey, it's your thang - do what you wanna do. Heh.) shopping list
- 2 eggs, beaten shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. of dry mustard shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper shopping list
- **** shopping list
- Optional Additions: (any combination) shopping list
- ground meat, browned (turkey, chicken, beef, pork) shopping list
- breakfast sausage such as Jimmy Dean regular or hot (browned and drained - 1 lb.) shopping list
- Keilbasa or Andouille (cut into chunks and browned in a wee bit of olive oil) shopping list
- Fresh chorizo, casing removed, browned and broken up shopping list
- 1 small onion, diced and sauteed until translucent shopping list
- jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped (for a milder taste, use Poblano, or go crazy and use serranos or a habanero) shopping list
- Crushed red pepper flake to taste shopping list
- 3/4 c. of roasted red pepper, chopped shopping list
- I have even added: shopping list
- 1 can of artichoke hearts, drained and loosely chopped shopping list
- ~~~~ shopping list
- CHEESY NOTE: Another great cheese combo and one of my favorite spins is using shredded Asiago, Provolone, Mozzarella and a Sharp Cheddar. Delish! shopping list
- Or use a pepper jack cheese in the mix. Or a smoked cheddar. I adore cheese and it all works for me and makes this recipe wonderful, comforting and lusciously decadent. shopping list
How to make it
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain well and return to cooking pot.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt 8 tablespoons butter; stir into the macaroni.
- In a large bowl, combine the Muenster cheese, mild and sharp Cheddar cheeses, and Monterey Jack cheese; mix well.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Add the half and half, 1 1/2 cups of cheese mixture, cubed processed cheese food, dry mustard and eggs to macaroni; mix together and season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a lightly greased deep 2 1/2 quart casserole dish. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup of cheese mixture and 1 tablespoon of butter.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes or until hot and bubbling around the edges.
- Serve and enjoy!
The Cooklunasea Orlando, FL
The Rating23 people
Yummy.. quick and easy... thanks!berry in Winter Park loved it
holy cow all your recipes sound so amazing i may have to try them all,this mac and cheese sounds so good and easy(its one of my guilty pleasures)joeboudreau in Syracuse loved it
So good! I must make this soon. The Grands favorite dish is mac and cheese so this is going to be a big hit!!!tuilelaith in Columbia loved it