Four Cheese MacaroniFrom lunasea 6 years ago
- 1 (16 ounce) package elbow macaroni shopping list
- 9 tablespoons butter (The original recipe calls for 9 tbsp. - I like to use 8 tablespoons of unsalted butter - or one stick. You probably could get by with even less if you are so inclined...) shopping list
- 1/2 cup shredded muenster cheese shopping list
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1/2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese shopping list
- (Feel free to up the cheese quotient. And invite me for dinner! ) shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half shopping list
- 8 ounces cubed processed cheese food (Don't be a Velveeta snob like I was - this makes the sauce so darn cheesy/creamy. If you want to remain a V-snob, then go for cream cheese, but it won't be the same. But hey, it's your thang - do what you wanna do. Heh.) shopping list
- 2 eggs, beaten shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. of dry mustard shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper shopping list
- **** shopping list
- Optional Additions: (any combination) shopping list
- ground meat, browned (turkey, chicken, beef, pork) shopping list
- breakfast sausage such as Jimmy Dean regular or hot (browned and drained - 1 lb.) shopping list
- Keilbasa or Andouille (cut into chunks and browned in a wee bit of olive oil) shopping list
- Fresh chorizo, casing removed, browned and broken up shopping list
- 1 small onion, diced and sauteed until translucent shopping list
- jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped (for a milder taste, use Poblano, or go crazy and use serranos or a habanero) shopping list
- Crushed red pepper flake to taste shopping list
- 3/4 c. of roasted red pepper, chopped shopping list
- I have even added: shopping list
- 1 can of artichoke hearts, drained and loosely chopped shopping list
- ~~~~ shopping list
- CHEESY NOTE: Another great cheese combo and one of my favorite spins is using shredded Asiago, Provolone, Mozzarella and a Sharp Cheddar. Delish! shopping list
- Or use a pepper jack cheese in the mix. Or a smoked cheddar. I adore cheese and it all works for me and makes this recipe wonderful, comforting and lusciously decadent. shopping list
How to make it
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain well and return to cooking pot.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt 8 tablespoons butter; stir into the macaroni.
- In a large bowl, combine the Muenster cheese, mild and sharp Cheddar cheeses, and Monterey Jack cheese; mix well.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Add the half and half, 1 1/2 cups of cheese mixture, cubed processed cheese food, dry mustard and eggs to macaroni; mix together and season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a lightly greased deep 2 1/2 quart casserole dish. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup of cheese mixture and 1 tablespoon of butter.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes or until hot and bubbling around the edges.
- Serve and enjoy!
People Who Like This Dish 100
The Cooklunasea Orlando, FL
The Rating23 people
Yummy.. quick and easy... thanks!berry in Riverside loved it
holy cow all your recipes sound so amazing i may have to try them all,this mac and cheese sounds so good and easy(its one of my guilty pleasures)joeboudreau in Syracuse loved it
So good! I must make this soon. The Grands favorite dish is mac and cheese so this is going to be a big hit!!!tuilelaith in Columbia loved it