Saragli- Rolled BaklavaFrom greekgirrrl 6 years ago
- 1/2 c up unsalted butter; melted shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely ground almonds; (7 shopping list
- -ounces) shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely ground walnuts; (7 shopping list
- -ounces) shopping list
- 1 tsb ground cinnamon shopping list
- 14 sheets phyllo dough (keep between damp towels so it doesn't dry out) shopping list
- 2 cups honey Syrup; cool, see shopping list
- -recipe shopping list
How to make it
- Place rack in center of oven, and heat oven to 325 degrees. Brush a
- 9-by-9-inch pan with melted butter. Set aside.
- Combine almonds, walnuts, and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Place one sheet of phyllo on a flat work surface. Brush with melted butter.
- Fold the long sides in to form a 9 1/2-by-15-inch rectangle. Brush folded
- edges with butter. Place a second piece of phyllo over first sheet, and
- gather it like a curtain to fit inside rectangle. Brush with butter.
- Sprinkle 3 tablespoons of the nut mixture over the bottom one-third of the
- phyllo rectangle.
- Fold phyllo over to cover nuts.
- Brush folded phyllo with
- Spread 1/4 cup nuts in a 1-inch-wide line parallel to, and about 1
- inch from, the edge of pastry.
- Fold over once to cover nuts.
- Roll like a
- cigar almost to the end.
- Fold in ragged edges, and brush them with butter.
- Finish rolling, and fold ends under.
- Place seam-side down in prepared pan.
- Brush with butter.
- Repeat with remaining phyllo and filling, laying each
- roll next to the other so they are touching.
- Cut rolls crosswise into 21
- pieces total (drag knife through a second time to assure a clean cut).
- Transfer to oven, and bake until crust and nuts are evenly golden, 1 hour
- to 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven, and cool for 10 minutes.
- In the mean time, in a saucepan, bring 1 cup sugar and 1/2 cup water to a boil til dissolved.
- Take off of heat and add 1/2 cup honey. (Attiki brand if you can find it)
- Pour cool Honey Syrup over pastry; it will come about three-quarters of the
- way up the sides.
- Let sit until most of the liquid is absorbed and nuts
- are saturated, about 30 minutes.
The Cookgreekgirrrl Huntington Village, NY
The Rating17 people
I liked the description alot...So proffetional and the recipe is realy different for a Baklawa one..Thanks.ahmed1 in Cairo loved it
love Baklava it is sooooooooooooo good thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
We love baklava! I'll have to try this one.morninlite in Kalamazoo loved it
Tips And Advice495 members
Mediterannean Cuisine135 members
Greek Foods145 members
Checkin Central283 members
Made With Phyllo50 members
Friends In The Kitchen312 members
TRAILER PARK BRAWLERS49 members
Heat In The Kitchen315 members
The Way To A Mans Heart61 members
Grouprecipes Rocks149 members