Out-of-This-World Cheddar Scalloped PotatoesFrom mrspotatohead 9 years ago
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine shopping list
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 3 cups milk shopping list
- 1 (10-ounce) block cheddar cheese, shredded shopping list
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 4 pounds potatoes, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups soft breadcrumbs shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted shopping list
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Melt 1/4 cup butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Whisk in flour, and cook, whisking constantly, 2 to 3 minutes or until flour is lightly browned.
- Whisk milk into butter mixture; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, and simmer 6 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in Cheddar cheese and next 3 ingredients, stirring until cheese melts.
- Spread 1/4 cup cheese sauce evenly in a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
- Layer half of potatoes over sauce; top with half of remaining cheese sauce.
- Repeat with remaining potatoes and cheese sauce.
- Bake at 325°, covered, 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- Stir together breadcrumbs, melted butter, and Parmesan cheese; spread evenly over potatoes.
- Bake, uncovered, 20 to 30 more minutes or until potatoes are tender.
The Cookmrspotatohead Minneapolis, MN
The Rating7 people
LOVE this! The green onions and breadcrumbs give it that extra special touch! Saving ths one.sparow64 in Sweetwater loved it
I've made this and it is delicious and there's never any for leftovers (darn!)...ha! I love really good comfort food and this fits the bill perfectly - plus, potatoes and cheese are two of my favorite food friends. Another great post, Lisa - thanks...morelunasea in Orlando loved it
Sounds (DELISH) Love taters.pudgy47 in Las Vegas loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!