Grilled shrimp in garlic chili sauceFrom notyourmomma 7 years ago
- 1 1/2 lbs. large shrimp, 21 to 25 count per pound shopping list
- 2 tbsp of olive oil shopping list
- 3 garlic cloves minced shopping list
- 3/4 tsp of salt shopping list
- 6 tbsp of melted unsalted butter shopping list
- 2 tsp of chili powder shopping list
- 2 tsp of fresh ground black pepper shopping list
- 4 tsp of worchestershire sauce shopping list
- 1 whole lemon, zested and squeezed shopping list
How to make it
- The tedious part is prepping the shrimp.
- Use your kitchen shears to snip the back of the shrimp, clean out the digestive tract, but leave the tail and first segment of the shell intact.
- Leave your shells on, it will keep the shrimp from burning on the grill.
- Put the shrimp with oil, garlic, 1/2 tsp of salt and marinate for 15 minutes.
- While they marinate, prep the grill to medium high heat.
- Heat butter, chili powder, pepper and worchestershire sauce and remaining salt in small sauce pan until warmed through. Add lemon juice and zest.
- Thread shrimp on double wooden skewers (that you have soaked in water for 30 minutes)
- Grill about four minutes per side, five max.
- Push shrimp into a large pasta bowl, pour warmed lemon butter over the top.
- Don't forget bread to soak up the extra sauce, finger lickin' is okay too.
People Who Like This Dish 14
The Cooknotyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
The Rating6 people
I have been looking for great grilling recipes to take on vacation in June(we stay in a beach house on Mission Beach,San Diego).Because we have so many shrimp lovers this sounds divine! Thanks for the great recipe.mao65 in Griffith loved it
I make something very similar and I know this will be great. Saving to try your version. Another great post, hon - thanks again! High 5 from me....lunasea in Orlando loved it
i bought an indoor electric grill just for grilling in the winter, not the same as coal or wood but still nice.cheryilyn in Salem loved it