Sushi Roll Rice SaladFrom lunasea 6 years ago
- 1 1/2 cups short-grain sushi rice shopping list
- 1 3/4 cups plus 1 1/2 tablespoons water shopping list
- 1/4 cup seasoned rice vinegar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 medium carrot shopping list
- 1 1/4 teaspoons wasabi paste (Japanese horseradish paste) shopping list
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil shopping list
- 1/2 large seedless cucumber (usually plastic-wrapped), peeled, halved lengthwise, cored, and chopped (1 cup) shopping list
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced diagonally shopping list
- 3 tablespoons drained sliced Japanese pickled ginger, coarsely chopped shopping list
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted shopping list
- 1 firm-ripe California avocado shopping list
- 8 fresh shiso leaves (optional) * shopping list
- 1 (6-inch) square toasted nori (dried laver), cut into very thin strips with scissors shopping list
- ~~~~ shopping list
- * Its essential oils provide for a strong taste whose intensity might be compared to that of mint or fennel. shopping list
How to make it
- Rinse rice in several changes of cold water in a bowl until water is almost clear, then drain in a colander 30 minutes.
- Bring rice and 1 3/4 cups water to a boil in a 3- to 4-quart heavy saucepan, then simmer, covered, 2 minutes. Remove from heat and let rice stand, covered, 10 minutes (do not lift lid).
- While rice is standing, bring vinegar, sugar, and salt just to a boil in a very small saucepan, stirring constantly until sugar is dissolved, then cool 2 minutes.
- Spread rice in a large shallow baking pan, then sprinkle with vinegar mixture and toss with a wooden spoon.
- Shave thin lengthwise slices from carrot with a vegetable peeler, then cut slices diagonally into 1/4-inch-wide strips.
- Whisk together wasabi, remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons water, and oil in a bowl, then add rice, carrot, cucumber, scallions, pickled ginger, and sesame seeds and toss gently.
- Halve, pit, and peel avocado and cut crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
- Arrange 2 shiso leaves (if using) on each of 4 plates. Top with avocado and rice mixture and sprinkle with nori strips.
The Cooklunasea Orlando, FL
The Rating11 people
Anthing with wasabi and avocado in the same dish gets my 5!!! Thanks! Bookmarking to try!neena51 in Hollywood loved it
Sounds delicious! I know I will try this one because I like sushi.bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
Yum, you get my 5.marriage in Apalachin loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!