Rasta PastaFrom sola 5 years ago
- 4 OZ uncooked linguine or angel hair pasta shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter shopping list
- 1 small onion,diced shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic,minced shopping list
- 2 tbls.minced fresh ginger shopping list
- 1 chili pepper,seeded & minced shopping list
- 2 cups,diced calabaza,pumpkin,butternut or acorn squash shopping list
- 1 cup water or vegetable stock shopping list
- 1 cup coconut milk shopping list
- 1 tsp.ground coriander shopping list
- 1 tsp.cumin shopping list
- 1 tbls.dried thyme shopping list
- 1/2 tsp.white pepper shopping list
- 1/2 tsp.ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1/2 tsp.ground allspice shopping list
- 1/2 tsp.salt shopping list
- 1 green pepper,chopped shopping list
- 4 mushrooms,chopped shopping list
- 1/2 small zucchini,chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup corn kernels,fresh,canned or frozen & thawed shopping list
- 4-6 broccoli florets,blanched shopping list
How to make it
- Place the pasta in boiling water and cook according to package directions.Drain pasta and chill under running cold water.Set aside.
- To make sauce,melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat in a large saute pan.Add onion,garlic,ginger and chili pepper.Saute 4-5 minutes.Add the pumpkin and water to pan cook 15-20 minutes or until tender.Add coconut milk,coriander,cumin,thyme,white pepper,nutmeg,allspice and salt,simmer for another 4-5 minutes.Place the mixture in a food processor and process 15 seconds,or until sauce is smooth.
- In a large skillet,melt remaining butter and add the green pepper,mushrooms,zucchini.Saute for 4-5 minutes,add corn and broccoli,saute for 2 more minutes.Pour pumpkin mixture into skillet and stir.Bring mixture to a simmer.Cook for about 1 minute more,then blend pasta thoroughly into the mixture,or until the pasta is steaming.
- Remove pasta to warm plates and serve with warm bread.