Pasta FazoolFrom noir 7 years ago
- 3 cups canned great northern beans (drained and rinsed) shopping list
- 1/2 cup diced celery, shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic (lightly crushed) shopping list
- 1/4 cup olive oil, shopping list
- pinch of crushed red pepper, shopping list
- 1 tsp tomato paste, shopping list
- 1/2 cup water, shopping list
- 1 cup peeled, seeded, chopped fresh tomatoes, shopping list
- pinch salt, shopping list
- 1/2 lb small pasta noodles (cooked and drained) shopping list
- *Options* You can even add a half cup diced ham to this recipe. shopping list
How to make it
- Cook celery and garlic in olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. When garlic is golden brown, remove garlic.
- Add tomatoes, tomato paste, crushed red pepper, salt and water.
- Simmer for 12 minutes, or until thickened.
- Add beans and pasta.
- Simmer another 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
The Cooknoir Boston, MA
The Rating8 people
*wink* Love this soup too!pink in USA loved it
Yummmm....ruskingirl in Harrison Twp loved it
Love this soup also. Thanks hon.jenniferbyrdez in kenner loved it