Mint Nanaimo BarsFrom kidaria 6 years ago
- Base: shopping list
- 1/2 c butter shopping list
- 1/4 c white sugar shopping list
- 5 tbsp cocoa powder shopping list
- 1 egg, beaten shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla shopping list
- 1 1/2 c graham cracker crumbs shopping list
- 1 c unsweetened shredded coconut shopping list
- 1/2 c chopped walnuts, toasted shopping list
- Filling: shopping list
- 1/3 c butter shopping list
- 1/4 c milk shopping list
- 3 tbsp custard powder shopping list
- 3 c icing sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp peppermint flavouring shopping list
- 2 drops of green food colouring shopping list
- Topping: shopping list
- 8 oz pkg of semi sweet chocolate morsels shopping list
- 2 tbsp butter shopping list
How to make it
- Melt butter in saucepan.
- Add sugar and cocoa. Mix well. Allow mixture to cool.
- Whisk egg with vanilla. Whisk into cooled butter mixture.
- Add graham crackers, coconut and walnuts.
- Press evenly into greased 9 x 9 square pan.
- Chill for at least 20 mintues
- Whip butter. Add in custard powder and milk.
- Gradually add in sugar, flavouring and food colour.
- Spread over base with spatula and return to the fridge.
- Melt chocolate and butter over water bath. Remove and cool down.
- Add on top of the filling layer. Spread with spatula to get even layer.
- Return to fridge for another 15 minutes.
- Cut into squares and serve.
People Who Like This Dish 12
The Cookkidaria BC, CA
The Rating11 people
Gorgeous! Bet they taste great too. I've been wondering why they're called that. Would you know?danadooley in Singapore loved it
These sound great, I can't wait to try them!ddnj2393 in New Milford loved it
Wow wee - these look outstanding! I can't wait to make these...I love mint and chocolate together. A stellar and delicious team...thanks!lunasea in Orlando loved it