Springfield Style Cashew ChickenFrom luvshk 8 years ago
- Chicken: shopping list
- 1 boneless breast per person ( cut into big bite size portions) shopping list
- 1 egg per breast shopping list
- 1/2 c milk per egg shopping list
- 1 bunch scallions shopping list
- peanut oil shopping list
- flour-self rising shopping list
- cashews shopping list
- pepper shopping list
- Sauce: shopping list
- 3 cups water for 4 breasts shopping list
- Mix 3 chicken boullion cubes to 1 cup water shopping list
- 3 Tbls cornstarch shopping list
- 2 tsp sugar shopping list
- 1 stp salt (not needed with oyster sauce) shopping list
- 1 tsp oyster sauce shopping list
How to make it
- Salt chicken breasts
- Dredge in flour, let stand 15 min.
- Mix eggs, milk, salt and pepper together
- Place floured chicken in mixture for 10 min.
- Remove and roll in flour again.
- Deep fry in hot peanut oil keep warm in oven.
- Boil water dissolve cubes, remove 1/4 c broth mix, mix with cornstarch until smooth. Pour back into remaining broth. Add sugar, salt and oyster sauce. Allow to thicken. Cut up scallions and cashews. Pour sauce over chicken. Top with scallions and cashews and serve.
People Who Like This Dish 18
The Cookluvshk Republic, MO
The Rating15 people
Sounds wonderful. A definate keeper. Cheers!dottiet in Woodward loved it
AWESOME, just like the original. Thanks friend for the best recipe. I knew I liked it here.marges in Springfield loved it
You beat me to the punch...mine is a bit different but yours is just as awesome! smooch!mrtnzangel8 in SW loved it