Easy Easy Greek Style Green BeansFrom sparow64 6 years ago
- 1/2 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 1 28-ounce can diced tomatoes shopping list
- (or, halved grape tomatoes, chopped fresh tomatoes with juice) shopping list
- 1/4 cup sliced pitted ripe olives shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed shopping list
- 2 9-ounce packages or one 16-ounce package frozen French-cut green beans, thawed and drained shopping list
- (or equivalent of fresh, cooked til tender) shopping list
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese (2 ounces) shopping list
How to make it
- In a large skillet cook onion and garlic in hot oil about 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add undrained tomatoes, olives, and oregano.
- Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
- Boil gently, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Add beans.
- Return to boiling.
- Boil gently, uncovered, about 8 minutes or until desired consistency and beans are tender.
- Transfer to a serving bowl; sprinkle with cheese.
- Fresh green beans and tomatoes are always way better than anything canned, and I use them often. If canned is what you have (or a combination of canned / fresh) it's a great recipe to make them taste even better!
People Who Like This Dish 35
The Cooksparow64 Sweetwater, TN
The Rating15 people
This is great. just bought frozen green beans and was wondering how to fancy them up. this was my husband's favorite so far. easy, and so tasty. thanks, tinadtinadunlap in Greenwood loved it
Yummy!!!! Can't wait to try this....thanks, sparow!pat2me in Nashua loved it
oh yeah .i love itminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it