Honey Dijon VinadressingFrom shine 8 years ago
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar shopping list
- 3 medium cloves garlic shopping list
- 2 medium shallots, chopped (about ¼ cup) – if no shallots, use about 2 tablespoons of a red or yellow onion shopping list
- 2 tablespoon Dijon mustard shopping list
- 3 tablespoons honey shopping list
- 1/2 cup olive oil -- I use half light olive oil and half extra-virgin shopping list
- salt and freshly ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- In a container for an immersion blender, or the bowl of a food processor put the vinegar, garlic, shallots, mustard, and honey together. A blender works fine; if you don't have any of these, chop the garlic and shallots very finely (mince.)
- Process until a smooth paste is formed,
- slowly drizzle the oil in while the machine is running until all of the oil is added. The consistency should be nice and creamy, not too thick. If mixing by hand, drizzle the oil in while stirring with a whisk.
- The dressing should not separate. In the event that it does separate, simply stir it back together again. The reason it may separate is that the oil didn't get emulsified well enough -- this is on the border of being a vinaigrette, so there is a chance that the oil may separate -- this does not change the flavor.
People Who Like This Dish 12
- Gurney Nowhere, Us
- Darbrat4 Nowhere, Us
- Honeybee1 Westlake Village, CA
- julesfoodies Nowhere, Us
- reviews Anycity, Anystate
- capedread Peterborough. Cambridgeshire, GB
- momo_55grandma Mountianview, AR
- lunasea Orlando, FL
- bluewaterandsand GAFFNEY, SC
- auntybea Vernon, Canada
- Plus 2 othersFrom around the world!
The Cookshine Rainier, WA
The Rating11 people
This looks delicious. I'm saving this one. Thank you.frankieanne in Ukiah loved it
Sounds really good---I can't wait to try it ! :) Thanks, Ray----Hope you have a great day! :)
~Melindabakermel in Topeka loved it
I like the idea of making it in the processor, kind of like making mayo. Can't wait to try it.
Thanks! Viktoriavikirose13 in Habo Sweden loved it