French Lentil And Couscous With Tomato Garlic And BasilFrom trigger 5 years ago
- 1 Cup organic French lentils shopping list
- 8 ripe organic roma tomatoes quartered shopping list
- 2 medium organic onion peeled and chopped shopping list
- 6 cloves of organic Purple garlic shopping list
- 1 Cup of fresh organic basil shopping list
- ½ Cup organic pine nuts shopping list
- 4 tablespoons of organic olive oil shopping list
- 2 Teaspoons of sea salt shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons of fresh organic cracked peppercorns shopping list
- 1-Cup organic whole wheat couscous shopping list
- 2 Quarts of vegetable broth shopping list
- 2 tablespoons of nutritional yeast shopping list
How to make it
- Crush the peppercorns with a motor and pestle
- In a deep fryer, place the garlic and the olive oil and cook until garlic is tender.
- Add the Pine nuts sauté for another 2 minutes add the peppercorns
- Add the basil and the tomatoes and simmer for 20 minutes remove and set aside.
- In the same pan, add the onions and sauté until translucent
- Add the vegetable broth and the lentils and simmer until lentils are tender.
- Add the Couscous and simmer until the liquid is absorbed
- Add the nutritional yeast and sea salt to taste
- In a large bowl, combine the tomato and basil mixture with the couscous.
- Serve into individual bowls and garnish with a sprig of tarragon
The Cooktrigger MA
The Rating18 people
Looks wonderful! Thanks for posting it :)donman in Hammond loved it
I love lentils. They are comfort for food for me. Plus, they are nutritionally sound so when I eat 2 servings of this delicious recipe, I won't feel too guilty! Thanks!
Helenegreekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it
Yummy, looks fantastic!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
Health Food Junkies423 members
Back To Basics345 members
Weight Watchers282 members
To Your Health74 members
101 A Diabetic Low Carb Place158 members
Checkin Central283 members
HEALTHY LIVING43 members
Tomato Lovers Rejoice76 members