MuhammaraFrom shine 5 years ago
- 2 large red bell peppers shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 small onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 2 tablespoons red pepper paste, or one fresh hot chili pepper, seeded and finely minced. You can also substitute with a jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped, or 1/8 to ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper This is totally your personal preference as to how much heat you want to incorporate in the dip. shopping list
- ¾ cup fresh bread crumbs, toasted shopping list
- ¾ cup walnuts, toasted and ground shopping list
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice shopping list
- 2 teaspoons pomegranate syrup/molasses shopping list
- 1 tablespoon yogurt shopping list
- 1-2 teaspoons cumin seeds, toasted and coarsely ground shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- ¼ cup olive oil shopping list
- **** To make Pomegranate Molasses**** shopping list
- Bring to boil 1 quart pomegranate juice (such as Pom Wonderful), 2/3 cup sugar, 2/3 cup lemon juice and simmer on low until reduced to 1-1/3 cups. shopping list
- Or even easier: simmer any quantity of pomegranate juice on low heat until it is reduced and thick enough to coat a spoon. shopping list
How to make it
- Roast the peppers over a gas flame or under the broiler, turning until blackened and blistered all over. Place in a bag for 10 minutes to loosen the skins. Slit the peppers open and remove the membranes, stems and seeds. Skin and allow to drain.
- Meanwhile, combine the walnuts, bread crumbs, onion, and garlic in a food processor and process until finely ground.
- Add the bell peppers, lemon juice, olive oil, and pomegranate syrup/ molasses and blend until creamy.
- Add the cumin and chili paste to taste, adjust the seasoning, and scrape into a 2-cup storage jar. Chill
- When ready to serve, allow the dip to come to room temperature
- Decorate with ground cumin and a drizzle of olive oil.
People Who Like This Dish 24
The Cookshine Rainier, WA
The Rating15 people
what a great recipe wow.momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
This looks delicious! Can't wait to try. Think I can have it on WW too, with pita! Thanks Ray!auntybea in Vernon loved it
Oh Ray, my taste buds are screaming for this one. How long does it keep in the fridge? Can't wait to try it.
Bettyrecipesrule in Winnipeg loved it