creamy baked macaroni and cheeseFrom mykidsmom3 7 years ago
- 1/2 pound elbow macaroni, or your favoirte pasta, shopping list
- 1/4 cup of butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour shopping list
- 2 1/4 cups whole milk shopping list
- 1/4 cup minced onion shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard shopping list
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shopping list
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese shopping list
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1/4 cup itialian bread crumbs shopping list
- tomato slices shopping list
How to make it
- preheat oven to 350 degreese
- greast 2 1/2 quart casserole dish
- cook past according to package directions; drain, put in cassarole dish
- melt butter in 2-quart saucepan over medium heat.
- add flour, cook stirring untill bubbly.
- add milk, onion, salt, pepper, and dry mustard.stir untill slightly thickened.
- add cheese, stir untill melted
- pour over pasta. top with bread crumbs, and tomatoes.
- bake 20-25 minutes.
- let stand 5 minutes before serving.
People Who Like This Dish 29
The Cookmykidsmom3 Hoosick Falls, NY
The Rating15 people
YAY! You submitted a recipe! I loved LTH's Mac and Cheese recipe...so now I'll try yours.It sounds so good!I want to use a full lb. of pasta...so do I have to double the ingredients? I'll be making this on Wed.lilliancooks in Long Island loved it
This sounds really good. I can't wait to try.jencathen in loved it
can't wait to do this, thanks!magali777 in Mexico loved it