Venison StewFrom theoldrecluse 7 years ago
- 2 tablespoons or so of oil shopping list
- 2 pounds venison meat chopped up in chunks shopping list
- 3 large onions, coarsely cut up shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, finely cut up shopping list
- 3 cups or so of beef broth shopping list
- 1 tablespoon or so of worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce shopping list
- 1 large dried bay leaf shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 6 medium potatoes, quartered shopping list
- 3/4 pound of carrots, cut into chunks shopping list
- 1/4 cup flour shopping list
- 1/4 cup cold water shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil in a pot over medium heat.
- Add venison and cook until all sides are browned up
- Add onions and garlic and cooked, stirring often, until onions are softened, about 3 or 4 minutes.
- I cook over open fire usually, so it sometimes takes longer for me. I do have a stove, but rarely use it, except in winter when I'm forced.
- Stir in the beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, bay leaf, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Bring it all to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer with a lid on for 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until meat is nice and tender
- Add the potatoes and carrots and keep cooking, with the lid on, until vegetables are tender, usually about 20 to 30 minutes or so.
- In a small bowl or whatever you have available, mix the flour and water and stir it up until smooth, then stir it into the stew.
- Keep cook ing and stir ring until it's thickened.
- Remove the bay leaf before you eat it.
- Hope everybody will like this.
- Old Recluse
People Who Like This Dish 16
The Cooktheoldrecluse Markham, CA
The Rating25 people
very nicely presented. you get my ^5mystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
This sounds great! FIVE to you! :+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it
great post!!!!!greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!